Event: Darrel Gourley Open
Location: Liberty, Mo. | Peters Track
LIBERTY, Mo. — The Evangel track and field teams saw nearly a full roster complete at the Darrel Gourley Open hosted by William Jewell and have several top ten finishes.
News & Notes
- Matthew McHenry won the men's 3000 Meter Steeplechase with a time of 9:56.49. With this time, McHenry also set the fourth best time in the event in Evangel history.
- Men's 4x800M relay team won their final with a time of 7:59.67. The team was composed of Duncan Gakuru, Shane Burns, Grant Dewitt, and Jonathan Dasal and they also set the second-best time in the event in the Evangel record books.
- Jonathan Dasal came in third in the men's 800M final with a time of 1:59.34. Shane Burns came in ninth in the event with a time of 2:01.80
- Duncan Gakuru set a new Evangel record in the men's 1500M with a time of 3:59.81, enough for him to place third in the final.
- Jalen Gifford placed ninth in the men's 400M Hurdles with a time of 1:03.85. This was good enough to give him the fourth best time in Evangel history.
- Men's 4x400M relay placed eighth with a time of 3:35.94. The team was composed of Seth Cathey, Tyler Bender, Andrew Bender, and Jonathan Dasal and they also set the fourth-best time in the event in the Evangel record books.
- Andrew Matthews placed eighth in the javelin with a throw of 140' 2".
- Madison Proben placed ninth in the Women's 100M Hurdles with a time of 16.50.
- Proben also came in tenth in the 400M Hurdles with a time of 1:10.00
- Women's 4x400M Relay team composed of Anne Marie Anibal, Emily Sampson, Emily Standage, and Camryn Will placed seventh with a time of 4:37.27.
- Jordan Fiorani set a new third-best time in Evangel history in the 10,000M run with a time of 44:52.13. She placed eleventh in the race.
- Jaysley Cook placed sixth in the High Jump with a height of 4'9". This jump tied her for fifth in the Evangel record books.
- Allison Newport placed third in the javelin with a throw of 106'5".
Evangel returns to action Saturday, April 20 at the Dewey Allgood Invitational in Rolla, Missouri.